CALGARY, AB – Avenue is proud to announce the in-person return of the annual Made in Alberta Conference and Awards this October 12 at the Central Library, 800 3 St. S.E., Calgary, AB from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Our very own Jesse Brown, general manager, Shedpoint Ventures, will be a speaker at this year’s conference at the 1:55 p.m. session, How Can Coworking Spaces Work For You?
Coworking has come a long way from solitary “hot-desks” and dial-up internet geared towards freelancers or remote workers. In this moderated panel discussion, three local coworking space owners, Andrew Obrecht, Jesse Brown and Jordan Tetreau, explore how coworking has evolved and can be a great solution for smaller-based businesses.
“We are excited to both sponsor and participate in this year’s Made in Alberta Conference and Awards. Shedpoint’s mission to be a launchpad for the next wave of great Albertan entrepreneurs, and there is no better event for celebrating the amazing accomplishments of our homegrown businesses,” says Jesse Brown, General Manager at Shedpoint Ventures.
“At its heart, the Made in Alberta Awards are a celebration of maker culture across the province. We’re excited to welcome everyone to Calgary on October 12 to feel the energy of Alberta’s diverse maker economy and toast the winning products of 2022,” says Shelley Arnusch, Editor in Chief, Avenue magazine.
Full-day, Half-day, Evening and VIP Tickets are available now and I am excited to offer an exclusive discount to the Shedpoint Ventures network, SPEAKER30, for 30 per cent off of all ticket packages (excluding VIP tickets)!
The Made in Alberta Conference brings together makers, producers, marketers and retailers from across the province for a day of learning and networking with industry experts on topics such as wholesale marketing, global exporting, business consulting, scaling your finances, the do’s and don’ts of bricks-and-mortar retail and more. Whether you’re making food, drinks, housewares, fashion or any unique product, you’ll learn how to better understand your clients, scale your business and share your local story.
Other sessions include:
- A Masterclass in Wholesale: Get Your Locally Made Product Ready for Wholesale, a presentation by Moni Kupczak Ainslie, founder of Koopslie Consulting.
- One-on-one speed consulting sessions with business development and management consultants Moni Kupczak Ainslie, founder of Koopslie Consulting and Daniel Monzon, co-founder of Catapult Startups.
- How Can Coworking Spaces Work for You? A discussion with Andrew Obrecht, founder of Culinary Coworking and YYC Cycle, Jesse Brown, general manager of ShedPoint Ventures and Jordan Tetreau, co-founder of TradeSpace and an Avenue Top 40 Under 40 alumnus.
- Build Your Brand 101: How to Pitch Your Product to the Media, an interactive workshop with Avenue’s managing editor Dominique Lamberton and Dakota Kidby, principal and owner of Social Centric Inc.
- Facing Your Financial Fears, a panel discussion with experts from MNP.
- Risky Business —Managing Your Business Through Uncertain Times, a presentation by connectFirst Credit Union.
- How to Have Success at Local Art Markets, a presentation by Nichole Windblad, owner, director and producer of Art Market.
- Networking opportunities and industry roundtable discussions.
- Cocktail Hour and Networking Reception
- The Awards Ceremony and Presentation for the 2022 Made in Alberta Award Winners.
The schedule and ticket details are now available.
To read stories about amazing Albertan makers, visit MadeInAlbertaAwards.ca.